Speakers - World Parliament - 2023
DAY 1 - 9TH FEB 2023
DR. KARAN SINGH
Member of Parliament, Rajyasabha
Karan Singh PMSP (born 9 March 1931) is an Indian politician and philosopher He is the son of the last ruling Maharaja of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, Sir Hari Singh. He was the prince regent of Jammu and Kashmir until 1952. From 1952 to 1965 he was the Sadr-iRiyasat (President) of the state of Jammu and Kashmir in the Republic of India. He is the chairperson trustee of the Dharmarth Trust of Jammu and Kashmir which maintains temples in north India and works in other areas such as historical preservation. Singh was a member of India's Upper House of Parliament, the Rajya Sabha, representing the national capital territory of Delhi. He is a senior member of the Indian National Congress party who served successively as President (Sadri-Riyasat) and Governor of the former state of Jammu and Kashmir. He was a life trustee and president of India International Center. He was elected chancellor of Banaras Hindu University for three terms  until 2018 when he was succeeded by Giridhar Malaviya. He has been a prospective presidential candidate over the years.
HON'BLE SMT. MRIDULA JAISWAL
Mayor of Kashi Benaras, Uttar Pradesh
Mridula Jaiswal is an Indian politician and the current mayor of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
Jaiswal is a Bharatiya Janata Party politician. In 2017, she became the mayor of Varanasi, Uttar
Pradesh. In the corporation election, she defeated Indian National Congress candidate Shalini
Yadav by a margin of 78,843 votes.
She lives Near "Ghanti Mill Road", Sigra in Varanasi.
HON'BLE SHRI. INDRESH KUMAR,
President, Muslim Rashtriya Manch, New Delhi
Indresh Kumar is margdashak (guide) of The Muslim Rashtriya Manch (MRM) (translation: Muslim National Forum) is a Muslim organisation in India, supported by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He is national executive member of RSS.
Indresh Kumar was born on 18 February 1949 in Samana, Punjab. However his father Chamanlal shifted to Kaithal, Haryana after the birth of Indresh Kumar. Indresh kumar got his early education at Kaithal. He got enrolled at Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh and got B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
After completing his education Indresh Kumar joined Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) as its full time preacher on 16 July 1970. In order to connect the Muslims to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, Indresh Kumar formed the organization of the Muslim National Forum on December 24, 2002. He also played an active role in the underground movement in the 1975 during Emergency in India. Indresh Kumar is Chief Patron of Bharat Tibbat Sahyog Manch also.
SHRI. AJAY BHATT
President, Minister of State for Defence and Tourism, Govt. of India, New Delhi
Prof. Sudhir Jain is the 28th Vice Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University.Dr Jain is an internationally reputed scholar of earthquake engineering and a visionary academic administrator. He wasconferred the Padma Shri, one of India’s highest civilian honour, for distinguished service in the fields of science and engineering, by the Government of India in 2020. Before joining BeeHU, he served as the founding director of the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar for over 12 years.Dr Jain has made seminal contributions to earthquake engineering practice and education in India. He was instrumental in the development of several important seismic codes in India, and has trained thousands of professional engineers and college teachers in earthquake engineering. He established the National Information Centre of Earthquake Engineering (NICEE) at IIT Kanpur and developed the National Programme on Earthquake Engineering Education (NPEEE), supported by the Government of India. He has served as consultant for several major projects, such as bridges and petrochemical pipeline, and has published more than 150 scholarly
papers. His research interests include the study of damaging earthquakes, reinforced concrete buildings, bridges, and seismic
codes.Dr Jain was elected as an international member of the US National Academy of Engineering in 2021 (one of the only 18 elected from India) and received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee for Academic or Research Excellence in 2018. He served as President of the International Association for Earthquake Engineering from 2014-18 (the second Indian to hold this position) and was elected as its honorary member in 2021. He was elected Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Page 1 of 3 Engineering in 2003, and conferred Life Membership by the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering (NZSEE) in 2013. Dr Jain served on the faculty of IIT Kanpur for 35 years from 1984-2019. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Roorkee (1979), and Masters (1980) and Doctoral (1983) degrees from the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.
DR VIJAY BHATKAR
Former Chancellor, Nalanda University
1. Dr Vijay Bhatkar, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri, Maharashtra Bhushan is an Indian Computer Scientist, IT leader and educationalist
2. Architect of India’s national initiative in supercomputing
3. Founder executive director of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
4. Chancellor of Nalanda University
5. Chairman of Vijnana Bharati, a non profit organization of Indian scientists
Padmabushan, Honourable Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar
World famous Computer Scientist (CHAIRMAN ORGANIZING COMMITTEE)
Major Achievements and Awards :
• Dr. Vijay Bhatkar is one of the most acclaimed scientist and IT leader of India. He is best known as the architect of India's first supercomputer and as the founder Executive Director of C-DAC, India's national initiative in supercomputing. He is credited with the creation of several national institutions, notably amongst them being C-DAC, ER&DC, IIITM-K, I2IT, ETH Research Lab, MKCL and India International Multiversity.
• He has been a Member of Scientific Advisory Committee to Cabinet of Govt. of India, Governing Council Member of CSIR, India and eGovernance Committee, Chairman of Governments of Maharashtra and Goa.
• A Fellow of IEEE, ACM, CSI,INAE and leading scientific, engineering and professional societies of India, he has been honored with Padmashri, Padma Bhushan and Maharashtra Bhushan awards. Other recognitions include Saint Dnyaneshwar World Peace Prize, Lokmanya Tilak Award, HK Firodia and Dataquest Lifetime Achievement Awards, and many others. He was a nominee for Petersburg Prize and is a Distinguished Alumni of IIT,Delhi.
• Dr. Bhatkar has authored and edited 12 books and 80 research & technical papers. His current research interests include Exascale Supercomputing, AI, Brain-Mind-Consciousness, and Synthesis of Science & Spirituality.
• He is presently appointed as the Chancellor of Nalanda University, Chancellor of India International Multiversity, Chief Mentor of I2IT.
• He has been the Chairman of ETH Research Lab, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Delhi and National President of Vijnan Bharati.