SPEAKERS - DAY 2,
4TH APRIL 2022
Bhagat Singh Koshyariji
Governor of Maharashtra
Held the post of General Secretary the Student's Union of Almora College between 1961-62. Represented the Executive Council of Kumaon University during 1979-82, 1982-85 and 1988-91. Served as a Lecturer at Raja Inter College, Raja Ka Rampur, Etah district, Uttar Pradesh for few years. Was Founder and Managing Editor of Parvat ‘Piyush’, a weekly published from Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand since 1975. Published two books, ‘Uttaranchal Pradesh Kyun?’ and ‘Uttaranchal: Sangharsh Evam Samadhan’.
Joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and took part in the agitation against the Emergency. He was imprisoned and detained in Almora and Fatehgarh Central Jail under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) from 3 July 1975 to 23 March 1977.
Became a Member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council in May 1997.
Was appointed as Minister of Energy, Irrigation, Law and Legislative Affairs in the newly created State of Uttranchal.
Has served as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand from 2001-02 .
Served as the President of the BJP in the State of Uttarakhand.
Served as the Leader of the Opposition in the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly from 2002 to 2007.
Was elected as a Member of the Lewgislative Assembly from Kapkot Assembly Constituency, Uttarakhand in 2007.
Was appointed as the Member (MP) of Rajya Sabha from Uttarakhand in November 2008 and held the position till 2014.
Was appointed as a National Vice President of BJP and also BJP Chief in Uttarakhand.
Was elected to the 16th Lok Sabha from Nainital- Udhamsinghnagar in the year 2014.
Was Chairman of 'Committee on Petitions' of Lok Sabha wherein various socially important issues were examined and reports thereon submitted to Lok Sabha.
He founded various schools in Uttarakhand : Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Pithoragarh; Vivekanand Vidya Mandir Inter College, Pithoragarh; and Saraswati Vihar Higher Secondary School, Nainital.
Has tremendous grassroot presence and is known in the entire State of Uttarakhand as a people's leader. Was also instrumental in the smooth and effective rehabilitation of Tehri Dam displaced persons during his tenure as Energy Minister in Uttarakhand.
Shri. Bhagat Singh Koshyari took oath as the Governor of Maharashtra on 5th September 2019.
Rev. Prof. (Dr.) Vishwanath D. Karad
UNESCO Chair of Human rights, Democracy, Peace and Tolerance
President, World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy
Rev. Prof. Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad - an eminent educationist having teaching experience of 40 years in College of Engineering as an Undergraduate and Postgraduate teacher, thinker a devoted teacher and a dedicated social worker, is a man of great vision, who is totally committed to the development of technical education and the cause of raising the qualities of life of the Indian masses for the betterment of tomorrow. He was awarded the Degree of Doctorate in Philosophy and Education by the International University of Washington.
He is the founder of various initiatives such as “Maharashtra Institute of Technology, WORLD PEACE CENTER of MAEER's MIT, Pune, UNESCO CHAIR for Human Rights, Democracy and Peace, MIT World Peace University Shree Kshetra Alandi Parisar Vikas Samiti, Saint Shree Dnyaneshwara and Saint Shree Tukaram Endowment Lecture Series Trust. Apart from recognition for his works in education.
He has been honored by the various awards such as National award for the year 1992 for the most outstanding work in Engineering and Technical Education for his commendable rural development work in the field of Environmental and Pollution Control at Shree Kshetra Alandi-Dehu, “Madhav - Mandakini Award” for his commendable work in the field of Rural Development - Environmental and Pollution Control at Shree Kshetra Alandi - Dehu in Pune district for changing the outlook of these holy places. He has been member of various organizations of national international repute.
Padmabushan, Honourable Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar
World famous Computer Scientist (CHAIRMAN ORGANIZING COMMITTEE)
Major Achievements and Awards :
Dr. Vijay Bhatkar is one of the most acclaimed scientist and IT leader of India. He is best known as the architect of India's first supercomputer and as the founder Executive Director of C-DAC, India's national initiative in supercomputing. He is credited with the creation of several national institutions, notably amongst them being C-DAC, ER&DC, IIITM-K, I2IT, ETH Research Lab, MKCL and India International Multiversity.
He has been a Member of Scientific Advisory Committee to Cabinet of Govt. of India, Governing Council Member of CSIR, India and eGovernance Committee, Chairman of Governments of Maharashtra and Goa.
A Fellow of IEEE, ACM, CSI,INAE and leading scientific, engineering and professional societies of India, he has been honored with Padmashri, Padma Bhushan and Maharashtra Bhushan awards. Other recognitions include Saint Dnyaneshwar World Peace Prize, Lokmanya Tilak Award, HK Firodia and Dataquest Lifetime Achievement Awards, and many others. He was a nominee for Petersburg Prize and is a Distinguished Alumni of IIT,Delhi.
Dr. Bhatkar has authored and edited 12 books and 80 research & technical papers. His current research interests include Exascale Supercomputing, AI, Brain-Mind-Consciousness, and Synthesis of Science & Spirituality.
He is presently appointed as the Chancellor of Nalanda University, Chancellor of India International Multiversity, Chief Mentor of I2IT.
He has been the Chairman of ETH Research Lab, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Delhi and National President of Vijnan Bharati.
Mr. Rahul V. Karad
Managing Trustee & Executive President,
MAEER's MIT, Pune,
Executive President, MIT-WPU
Major Achievements and Awards:
• Shri. Rahul Vishwanath Karad is an enterprising young educationist at the forefront of the 72 institutes strong MAEER's MIT Group of Institutions, Pune with over 55,000 students under its fold. He is also the Executive President of MIT-World Peace University, the newly recognized State Private University of MIT Group of Institutions at its flagship Kothrud campus in Pune. A graduate in engineering and a postgraduate in management from Cardiff U.K, Shri. Rahul, is an alumnus of the Harvard Business School, U.S.A.
• Shri. Rahul is advancing the inherited vision and mission of his visionary academician father Prof. Dr. Vishwanath Karad, Founder MIT Group of Institutions, with a fearless passion and deep-rooted patriotic intent in his heart. He holds a firm conviction in channelizing the power of youth to augment their active participation in our pluralistic democracy. His true nationalistic consciousness keeps finding expressions through numerous activities that he initiates and infuses a renewed sense of pride and patriotism amongst the young budding minds.
• Addressing his burning desire in contribution to Nation Building prompted him to trudge a new path reflecting in the shape of MIT School of Government. With his energized focus and genuine involvement, the School is honing and nurturing the next generation of Indian Political Leaders and his efforts are appreciated, placed and valued in the national context. The school being the first of its kind in Asia has attained success in the process of activity and has risen manifold in stature and prestige by its concentrated efforts of strengthening the fabric of Indian Democratic Leadership.
• He firmly believes, involvement of youth in a wide variety of social, national and international issues will be a key determinant of our success and excellence. To do so, and for the composite development of youth, it is essential that they be well exposed, informed, enlightened, connected and spirited. To achieve this goal, a purposeful platform like “INDIAN STUDENT PARLIAMENT” (BHARATIYA CHHATRA SANSAD) was founded by him. Potentially and objectively, this platform is also a breeding ground for the youth to assume various leadership roles in order to strengthen the very essence of democracy.
• To further this cause of nation building with a sole aim of Inspiring Teachers and Strengthening Generations he has conceptualized National Teachers' Congress (NTC). This is a platform for teachers of Higher Education (under-graduate and post-graduate colleges) from across the nation. Through extensive deliberations and dialogue of 3 days, he aims to ignite the spirit of thousands of teachers every year so that they continue to look beyond the commercial temptations for creating deeper and wider impact on the society through this noble profession. He firmly believes that as we are fast moving towards the Knowledge Era, we are sure that NTC will benefit all the important stakeholders of Education Process including Students, Teachers, Parents, Industry, Law Makers and Society at large.
• He is also the Founder & Convener of National Women’s Parliament (NWP). This is a common platform for women from diverse background like politics, social sector, education, sports, industry, media, cinema, arts & culture, judiciary and young aspiring girl students to stage their experiences, share knowledge and research in the area of women’s social economic and political empowerment. Its first annual national conclave was hosted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh on February 10, 11 & 12, 2017. Over 18,000 girl students from colleges of Higher Education were connected to women legislatures, parliamentarians, women corporate leaders, and representatives from social sector for a reciprocal and continuing assignation. The platform will stay faithful to its endeavors till significant progress is made in achieving respectable representation of women in national and world political order.
Prof Dr. Mangesh T. Karad
Executive President & Vice Chancellor,
MIT Arts Design and Technology University, Pune
Prof Dr. Mangesh Karad, Executive President and Vice – Chancellor of MIT ADT University has empowered the organization with quality education in multidisciplinary fields. With his vision of holistic and inclusive development,
he has been successful in raising the international standards of education in all spheres and elevating the standard of education in Pune.
He is an educationist with keen interest in specialized engineering niches and has introduced specialized engineering courses like Naval Engineering, Food Technology, etc to transform students into Industry leaders.
For his constant efforts in the promotion of education as a member of management council in Shri Savitribhai Phule University and now as President of Education Promotion Society India (EPSI), south – east region. His persistent efforts are towards recognition of MIT among world – class educational institutions. He has created an ecosystem where optimum quality of theoretical knowledge is clubbed with hands on practical experience, thereby adding value to society by developing the future of the nation.
Under the leadership of Prof Dr. Mangesh Karad – Executive President & Vice Chancellor of MIT Arts Design and Technology University, Pune, have been successful in handling this Pandemic wherein infrastructure was put into place for the online classes of the students so that their career is not at stake and learning continues, online examinations were carried out with the help of Proctored examination. The faculties were up-skilled and proper training was provided so that faculties can take online classes and help students to tide away this Pandemic.
Atal Innovation Mission is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog, Govt of India to promote Innovation and Entrepreneurship across length and breadth of the country. AIC – MIT ADT is an umbrella organized and hosted by MIT ADT University to promote the Entrepreneurship and Innovation. It is one of the first institution supported by AIM, NITI Aayog, Govt of India at any private university across Maharashtra. Atal Innovation Mission, set up by NITI Aayog, Govt of India has granted 10 crore grants to MIT ADT. It is spread over 2000+ sq. feet which helps the students to bring start-up and innovation, promotion of separate start-up and entrepreneurship through engaging activities and facilities to develop a start-up and entrepreneurship eco-system.
Separate School like MIT School of Holistic Development (MITSHD) endeavours to nurture 'Wholesome Personality' of students to create Winning Personalities and Comprehensive Global Professionals, well equipped with knowledge, skills, competencies, values, and helps for the Campus to Corporate Transformation.
The launch of the Centre of Research and Innovation for Young Aspirants (CRIYA) on the university campus is in sync with young India’s aspirations looking for glory through a leadership position in research and innovation. The purpose of an innovation hub or centre is always dual; on the one hand, it offers a challenge to the young students to find appropriate solutions to the problems. Every problem provides an opportunity to creating something big if the solution touches the lives of ordinary people. CRIYA is a little step towards building a better future for our youth. The lab would teach the students essential 21st-century skills, helping them develop professional and personal